CLUB ENTRY COMPETITIONS.
Please view our competition & events page for competition dates.
· CALLANDER TROPHY: A knock-out trophy to be played for by the rink from each club that has won the clubs primary competition. The rink entered should not be a hand-picked rink of your clubs best players, and substitutes should be players normally playing in the same position as the player unable to play. If players qualify for more than one club the must choose which of the clubs they are to represent at the outset of the competition.
· ANGUS CHALLENGE: Any 4 players from your club. Played as a knockout.
· AGRICAR LEAGUE (Played throughout the season): A competition for a rink or rinks picked to represent their club and should be the strongest team available from the clubs so that we can find a Champion Club from Forfar Curling Centre. If a club enters more than one team, substitutes and members cannot play for both teams. Matches will be played on Thursday nights throughout the season.
· FORFAR POINTS CHAMPIONSHIP: A competition where clubs are invited to enter the first two players from their own points competition. Competition in the Forfar Points Championship is to determine an overall Points Champion from the centre. Please encourage your club to support this competition.
· DOUBLE RINKS CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP: For this competition clubs are invited to enter two rinks top lay against other clubs on a knock-out basis throughout the season. The scores of the two rinks are aggregated to determine the winner. We hope you will support what is an enjoyable, sociable competitive competition.
· LADIES EVENING LEAGUE: This competition is popular with lady curlers who are available to play in the evening.
· LADIES FRIENDSHIP LEAGUE: The game is to involve as many different curlers as possible playing in their club positions (i.e. Skip, Third, Second or Lead). All games are on a Friday afternoon at 1pm with roughly one game per month.
OPEN ENTRY COMPETITIONS:
- FERGUSON OLIVER SUPER LEAGUE (Played throughout the season on Monday Evenings): Any 4 players, no limit on subs but 2 of the original team must be played in each game. Subs can move from Division 2 to Division 1, but not from 1 to 2. Promotion and regulation between Division 1 & Division 2 applies.
- GRAHAM ARNOT: One of the curling centre’s most traditional competitive competitions open to any 4 players, 2 subs only. Round Robin with semi-finals and final.